Dating Advice For Single Moms
If you are looking for dating advice for single moms you have come to the right place. Single moms date all of the time now. it is the norm more than the exception.
Here are 9 dating tips to help you get off to a good start when the time is right.
1. Get a reliable babysitter who you can call whenever you need them. You can't date and bring your kids. Not if you want to have a good time and keep the focus on you.
2. Date on your terms and the way you want. Many friends and relatives may offer well meaning advice when in reality you just need to make sure to do it however you are comfortable.
3. Never lie to your kids. You do not have to tell them everything, but lying about your date or what you are doing is a bad idea as well. You want a family of trust and this includes you telling the truth.
4. Don't rush your new man to get involved with your kids. He will let you know when he is ready. So will your kids let you know when they want him to be a part of their lives as well as yours.
5. Can you balance being a single mom with dating? It should always be kids first and dating second if you have to choose where to spend your time.
6. You do not have to talk about the kids all of the time. As a matter of fact it is ok to think about yourself and your date and keep the conversation about each other.
7. After your relationship has developed you may be faced with going away for a weekend with your boyfriend or going to your son's baseball game. Obviously your children should come first but consider the weekend away once in a while. As long as Your son is ok with it, it will do you good having a break from being a mom.
8. Understand that no matter what you do, if you are dating a great guy your kids may not like him. They may resent the time he takes you away from them.
That is ok. Never force your kids to feel a certain way about your dates. Let them know that you have friends just like they do and you will be spending some time with them.
9. Breaking up can be hard to do especially if your kids become attached to your boyfriend. This is not a reason to stay in a relationship that is going nowhere. Explain to them why you are breaking up and then get on with it. They will recover.
The most important dating advice for single moms is to just to apply a little common sense and take each situation as it comes.