Single Moms And Dads Dating
When it comes to single moms and dads dating there are a few things you need to keep in mind. In this article we will look at some of these things and how they affect your life and the lives of your kids.
1) First off you have to remember you are a parent and your kids need to come first.
Being a parent does not mean, however, that there isn't room for you and your life away from your kids, but it does mean that you are going to need to do some planning.
Having children is a blessing. Always keep that in mind.
2) As you date you can gradually work your kids into the life of your partner when the time is right.
Once your relationship becomes serious it's important for all of you to do a few things together so that your children get used to a new person in their lives.
Giving your kids a voice in what goes on with your new partner gives them a feeling of some control and will help with the acceptance process. If you go out to a movie once in a while go as a group and let them choose what you watch. Or maybe let your date come to one of their sports game if they play sports.
3) Don't neglect the "ME" time.
As a parent you are still a person who has needs. Splitting your time so you have the chance to develop your relationship with your partner is essential. Your kids may not like it but will generally understand and accept this fact. Depending on their age they may even appreciate the fact that they get some time to themselves or with their friends.
4) If you are fairly new to dating you are going to have to schedule time to meet new people. You have to be out where people are because meeting new people isn't going happen in your kitchen at home.
Join a dating club, check out
, socialize with people from work. Basically do what you have to do to meet others.
This takes some planning on your part when you have kids, but you can do it.
5) Be sure to communicate with your kids as your relationship becomes more serious as they need to be aware of how things will affect them.
Constantly reminding them you love them and how important they are will ease their minds and help them to be more supportive of you.
6) Let kids be kids. You really do not have to involve them in everything going on in your life including dating. Some details can be left out.
Kids have their own lives and friends as well and do not need to be burdened with all of the positives and negatives of their single moms and dads dating love lives.
With the right attitude and a bit of careful planning and consideration you can be a good parent and also start dating again.
Want Even More FREE Dating Tips And Advice?
If so, be sure to check out our monthly Dating Buddy Ezine which gives you loads of up to the minute tips, dating games, reviews and special offers not available on the site itself.
Complete the details below and grab your copy today
Return from Single Moms And Dads Dating to Dating Questions Homepage